As experts and moms alike weigh in, we’ve scoured the internet to find some of the best items for baby. There two ways to think about your baby registry: the baby necessities and the nice-to-have baby gear.
New parents have evolved and survived forever without modern day baby gadgets, but new parent life can be easier when you have some of the tried-and-true must have baby products that other parents swear by. It can be a good strategy to hold off on inundating your baby list and home with every baby product you think you need. Get the basics for baby before their arrival, and then assess what you truly want and need after you get into a rhythm with your newborn.
So what are the baby necessities and baby essentials you'll want as a new parent?
- Safest baby car seat to bring baby home from hospital
- Baby stroller with ability to attach baby car seat
- Crib, crib mattress, and safe fitting organic cotton crib sheet
- Organic or natural diapers sized newborn to start, with packs of natural baby wipes
- Hooded baby towels (of course we'll suggest the best baby towel, The Nestling, which is an organic, handsfree and wearable hooded towel that grows through toddler years)
- Baby washcloths (like our Organic Cotton Baby and Kids Washcloth)
- Baby first aid kit and organic baby soap
- Baby clothes, including a few onesies, sleep and play baby outfits, and pajamas (plan for the season and add baby socks, sweaters, etc. as needed and consider organic when possible)
- Several organic muslin baby swaddles and a sleep sack or two
- Several baby bottles, but keep in mind baby will grow through various stage bottles
- Baby proofing products as best placed in throughout your home
These are the basic baby must haves for your registry. Having a few key essentials on hand will help make the transition from bump to baby an easier one. Once baby arrives, take inventory of the products you have and use those gift cards from your baby shower to build out the rest of your nursery.